Lovely Laurie at Scene of the Grime has given me an award…she thinks I’m a stylish blogger and I couldn’t be more grateful! The rules require me to share 7 juicy tidbits and since I’ve always been a bit theatrical, I decided to share seven of the roles that I’ve played/play in life…some are permanent and others have been more short-lived.
1) Sister – I became a sister on October 27, 1988. While my hopes of being an only child were dashed, I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. Siblings are something that tie us to our past, but drive us nuts in the present (just kidding bubbie, I love you!).
2) Vice-President – Serving as VP of my college sorority is something I’m proud of…even if I did have to be the voice of reason a time or two. College went by in a blur, but I loved every minute of it.
3) Baby-sitter – I baby-sat during my teen years for extra money, but it was never my favorite thing to do. Nothing really bad ever happened to any of the kids on my watch so I guess I wasn’t a horrible baby-sitter. Just please don’t ask my best friend Jennifer about the time we were keeping some infant twins…not my most shining moment!
4) Fairy Godmother – Cast as Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother in a high school production, I waved my wand and belted out my song with gusto. I tried to channel Glinda the good witch instead of the geriatric cartoon godmother from Disney’s version.
5) Gertie Cummings – Gertie is a sassy supporting character in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s famous play…I enjoyed this role so much, especially perfecting the high-pitched hyena laugh that it required. This was my first part in a high school production and I was pretty proud of myself for getting it. Definitely helped to give me the acting bug.
6) Lily St. Regis – Bernadette Peters made Lily famous with her memorable portrayal in the film version of Annie. Lily is Rooster’s girlfriend and gets to dance on tables, swing her pearls and sing “Easy Street.” I patterned my Lily after her when I acted in a community theater production of Annie…such fun times!
7) Blogger – Surely I couldn’t leave this one out? Since starting SBS, I have loved every minute of getting to share with all of you. I consider you my friends and appreciate your encouragement more than you could ever know.
Now to pass the award on to some other deserving folks…
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!