August is National Picnic Month and what better way to celebrate it than by enjoying some fabulous southern products? Above is a collection of some of my favorite southern goodies that I also shared during a segment this morning on a local news morning show. If you’re just visiting the blog after hearing about it from the segment, welcome!
I’m so glad to live in the south, a region that has such a wealth of talented people who are pursuing their passions to create delicious food to share with the world. I know there are lots of other great southern products, but there’s only so many you can mention in a 3-minute segment!
Below, you’ll find a complete list of the products I mentioned, plus links to the company websites as well as a listing of the state where each originates.
- Anna Mae Southern Bread – Sweet Potato & Molasses Rolls (North Carolina)
- HoneyPax Tupelo Honey – Pure Honey (Florida)
- MoonPies (Tennessee)
- Good Health Natural Foods – Avocado Oil Potato Chips (North Carolina)
- Roots Café- Roasted Hummus (North Carolina)
- Flour Head Bakery - Pita Bread (Tennessee
- Emily G’s Jam of Love – Tripleberry (Georgia)
- Goo Goo Clusters (Tennessee)
- Phickles Pickles – Hotties Pickled Jalapeños (Georgia)
- Lusty Monk Mustard – Original Sin (North Carolina)
- Kenny’s Farmhouse Cheese – Colby (Kentucky)
- Shuckman’s Fish Co. & Smokery – Bourbon Smoked Salmon Spread (Kentucky)
Thanks for visiting Southern Belle Simple and feel free to connect on Facebook and Twitter!