1. the super easy heart garland I made for my TV segment this week...it was a last minute decoration I created from a red file folder. I cut as many hearts as I could get, punched two holes in each and ran a piece of twine through them. It's hanging across my kitchen and has cheered me up so much this week I'm considering leaving it up for awhile.
2. my new wall color...I'm slowly but surely tackling the job of painting and even though I just have one wall in my kitchen done, I'm loving the light airy color I chose. And that's NOT my kitchen, by the way...just an example of my color (Benjamin Moore soft chamois).
3. love stamps...I didn't send out many Valentine's this year but these Forever stamps will add a little love to my mail for awhile.
4. george strait's I'm carrying your love with me...picked up this cd at my local Goodwill for $1 and I've been playing it on repeat ever since. And by the way, why isn't Pure Country available to watch instantly on Netflix? Come on Netflix...it's a classic!
5. sally hansen complete salon manicure in kook a mango...If you're looking for a signature color, this should be in the running! I pared down my nail polish collection (purple glitter? what was I thinking?) and this my new go-to color. It's the perfect reddish-orange and the brush is shaped just so that it makes for smoother polish jobs.
6. this new york times article + npr afternoon concerts = a more productive me! Seriously, stop what you're doing and read the article. You'll thank me. It's all about how we can accomplish more by doing (and stressing) less. It talks about breaking your workday down into 90 minute blocks with little short breaks in between. It even advocates naps IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. Love. It.
Since I started my own biz and am working from my house every day, I've had trouble finding that sweet spot of productivity. I was just plugging away for hours on end, wearing myself out, getting headaches from staring at the computer screen. Yuck.
But now I'm breaking my day into 90 minute blocks with little breaks in between for creativity/dog walking/daydreaming. Combine that with my listening to some soothing classical music on my local NPR station, and I'm getting more quality work done. I highly recommend this method!
So that's my little list of what I'm loving...I hope you are having a wonderful week and that you feel truly loved (because you are!) Happy Valentine's Day sweet friend!