Since I've had some baking fails in my life, I try to stick with recipes that are tried-and-true and you don't get any better than the Southern Living test kitchen.
These culinary wizards work all through the year on confectionery creations, testing and making sure that they can share the recipes in good faith. Thank goodness for them is all I can say!
Here's a wonderful recipe that would be fun to recreate with your family this year and who knows, maybe you should make a few extra to leave out for the man in the red suit.
Minted White Chocolate Balls
Makes 32 cookies • Hands-on 30 min. • Total 1 Hour
(Coat in chocolate two at a time)
- 56 vanilla wafers, crushed (less than 1 [11-oz.] box)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 4 ½ tsp. light corn syrup
- 6 Tbsp. peppermint schnapps
- 3 cups white chocolate morsels
- Crushed peppermint candies for coating
1. Stir together first 6 ingredients; shape into 32 balls.
2. Microwave chocolate in a bowl at HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 20 more seconds or until smooth, stirring once.
3. Coat balls in white chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed hard peppermint candies immediately afterwards.
4. Place in parchment paper-lined pan. Chill for 30 minutes or until set.
Yum! For more great recipes like this, pick up the December issue of Southern Living Magazine, on newsstands now. And if you want even more great southern Christmas fun, consider the wonderful new book Southern Living Christmas All Through The South: Joyful Memories, Timeless Moments, Enduring Traditions. It is a gorgeous sight to behold and would make a wonderful gift for your favorite southerner or yourself!
**This post contains an Amazon affiliate link, but please don't feel any pressure to click on it**