The house is located in the beautiful Duncanwood Reserve in Nashville's upscale Green Hills neighborhood. An English cottage-style residence, it has three bedrooms and a whopping 4 and a half baths. Not only is the home beautifully designed and decorated, but it's also equipped with the latest and greatest technological advances, which is what makes it so smart.
The house was conceived by P. Shea | Design and constructed by Carbine & Associates. Just 15 minutes from downtown Nashville, it's convenient to some of the most desirable attractions Music City has to offer.
Not to mention just around the corner from a delicious eatery called the Copper Kettle (where the southern beau & I enjoyed a tasty lunch.) If you eat there, please get the cornbread salad. You won't be sorry.
But the best part about the HGTV Smart Home is you can win it! The house is part of a grand prize package valued at more than $1 million, and also includes a 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and one hundred thousand bucks to boot. Pretty sweet deal, huh? The HGTV Smart Home 2014 Giveaway opens for entries at 9 a.m. ET on April 15 and runs through June 9. I really hope you win. Then have me over for supper, okay?
Here are a few of my favorite features of the 2014 HGTV Smart Home...in no particular order.
1) The Gorgeous Blue Kitchen Cabinets
2) White Painted Brick Fireplace and Bold Art** on the Mantle
**All the art in the HGTV Smart Home was incredible...I'm working on a post featuring the different artists whose work was included. You're going to love it all.
3) Chalkboard Wall + Stage for Impromptu Basement Concerts
4) Closets that Went on for Days...Seriously, I could live in here
5) Pops of the Loveliest Shade of Kelly Green in this Guest Bedroom (I never wanted to leave)
6) Industrial Touches (like these great letters) & a Relaxed At-Home Feel